Sunday, May 9, 2010

Today I was tending some crops in my farmville on Facebook when I heard a loud explosion coming from the kitchen. I ran out in a panic, half expecting some terrorist storming into the house and bombing our kitchen. To my relief, it was only my mum. Her face was pale as a piece of white paper.

At the stove, I saw broken pieces of our cooking ware, and two pieces of eggs and a whole lot of uncooked instant noodles. Some sort of explosion had happened at the stove. In her panic, my mum forgot to turn off the stove and I dashed forward to switch it off. Just my luck that I stepped on one of those broken pieces of glass. I screamed like a hyena in heat.

Mum screamed even louder and I was actually more scared of her screams than the glass in my feet.

"Don't panic. I'm going to call the ambulance." She screamed.

"No need! Just help me pluck out the glass."

"I can't. I can't. I'll faint. I'm going to call the ambulance."

I didn't want to embarrass myself in front of those ambulance officers so I immediately sat down and pluck out the piece of glass. My mum started crying and hugging me so tight against her ample bosom that I felt myself choking.

I found out later that mum had tried to cook instant noodles in one of our Corning Kitchen Ware which was NOT SUPPOSED to be used for excessive heating. Why can't she just use a bloody pot?

Just my luck to have a mum who can't even cook!

And by the way, I was made to clean up the mess after her. Despite my feet still hurting from the piece of broken glass!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment